Portable, Rugged AIS Test Set
INTRODUCING THE RADARPLUS® ST162-T1:
A portable, transmit-only AIS Test Set designed for verification and optimization of AIS receivers on aircraft, ships, and shore stations.
- Generates Up to 100 AIS Messages
- Integrated, Internal AIS Antenna
- RS232 and Bluetooth Communication options
- Fast setup, Lightweight, Simple to use
The ST162-T1 includes an internal VHF antenna and is pre-configured with 10 AIS messages including 6 unique MMSI numbers, allowing fast and simple operation straight out of the box. Simply turn on the ST162-T1 and begin testing.
Advanced operators can use the included PC software to program up to 100 AIS messages. Along with standard ship messages, the ST162-T1 can also simulate an AIS Aid to Navigation (AtoN), Safety Related Message (SRM), Search and Rescue Transmitter (SART) and binary message types.
Appropriate for both lab and field technicians, the ST162-T1 is housed in a compact, rugged, lightweight and highly visible Pelican 1200 series enclosure, and is powered by two Alkaline C cell batteries. The control panel is protected against exposure to UV, dust, impact and water immersion by IP67-rated hardware. All removable parts, including connector caps and battery covers, are tethered for use on active runways.
|The ST162-T1 is capable of performing:
- Pre-Operational Checks
- Identification of Malfunctioning Systems
- Field and Bench Testing
- Simulated AIS Data
- Installation Quality Comparisons
- Other Custom Data
- Designation: Portable AIS Test Set for AIS
- User interface: RS232 at 115200 Baud
(Bluetooth available on ST162-T1-01)
- Power Requirements: C cell batteries (X2)
- Battery Life: 10 hours average
- Temperature Range:
- Storage: -30 to +70 degrees C
- Operation: -15 to +55 degrees C
- Compass Safe Distance: 1 meter
| Navigation Specifications|
- Width: 9.68 in.
- Length: 10.62 in.
- Height: 4.87 in.
- Weight: < 7.5 lbs.
| Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth|
- TX AIS1: 161.975 MHz at 25 KHz
- Modulation Type: GMSK
- AIS Data Rate: 9600 bits/s (RF Output)
- Signal Generator Output: Less than 150 micro V/m @ 3m
- Emission Type (ITU Class): 16KOFD
- EUT Port Output Level: -120 to -90 dBm (Programmable)
- EUT Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Duty Cycle: 50%
- EUT Port Input Power Level: 25 W maximum
- Frequency Accuracy: +/- 2.5 ppm
- Enclosure: 1200 Pelican Case (Polypropylene Copolymer)
- Material Finish: Bright Yellow
- IP67 Compliant
- Power Switch: ON/OFF MIL-S-83731 compliant Toggle Switch w/sealing boot
- AIS Direct Output: N-type female w/cap and ball chain
- GPS Antenna: TNC female w/cap and ball chain
- Serial Data: IP67 DB9 female w/ tethered dust boot
- LED Indicators: Power, Transmit, GPS Lock, Low Battery, *Bluetooth Status
- FCC Part 15 Subpart C Section 15.209
- IC RSS-210 Issue 8
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for
one full year from the date of purchase. Shine Micro will, at
its sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail
in normal use. Labor and material costs for such repairs or
replacement will be free of charge. This warranty does not
cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or
unauthorized alterations or repair.