Rugged, High Sensitivity, Long Range, Dual AIS Receivers
The RadarPlus SM1610-4 is an enhanced AIS receiver with
industry-leading sensitivity in a rugged weather-resistant chassis.
The SM1610-4 is standard equipment for both the US Navy and US Coast Guard, providing industry-leading AIS reception sensitivity and monitoring range. The SM1610-4 also includes VDL analysis capabilities; making it a valuable tool for port administrations.
|SM1610-4 - Dual AIS Receivers
The wide adoption of AIS has caused frequency congestion in many ports. The SM1610-4 provides analysis tools to measure the health of the VDL and aid in determining the total number of slots used, garbled packets and packet collisions. Defective or malfunctioning AIS devices degrade the success of an entire AIS environment; identifying non-compliant transponders is key to a healthy system.
The SM1610-4 also enables administrations to monitor AIS transponders for IMO1252 compliance. The SM1610-4 measures frequency, deviation and slot timing (jitter) of every packet received; quickly pinpointing suspect transponders for inspection. On-site inspections are time consuming and expensive for everyone; remote inspections using the SM1610-4 can save time and money.
Features of the SM1610-4
- New VDL Analysis Reports
- Number of active slots per frame
- Garbled packets per frame
- Packet collisions per frame
- % VDL utilization
- Frequency deviation and slot timing (jitter) monitor
- High bandwidth 230.4 kbps serial
- Wide selection of serial port speeds
- PC configuration manager
- SM1610-2 backwards compatibility
- Designation: AIS RX base station per ITU R M.1371-4
- Serial interface: RS232 (standard)
- Baud Rates: 38.4, 115.2, 230.4 kbps Ethernet and IEC 61162 are optional
- Power Requirements: 12-30 VDC or 120-240 VAC
- Power Consumption: < 3 watts
- Temperature Range: -15 to +55 degrees C.
- Compass Safe Distance: 1 meter
- Environmental: IP64 Compliance
- Environmental: IP67 & MIL-STD-810F 509.4 Salt fog compliant.
- Connectors: female Type N
- Frequency: 162 MHz
- Noise Figure: < 2 dB
- Gain: >20 dB
- Power Supply: Coax Bias, 5.5 VDC from Receiver
- Multi-Stage input protection
| Navigation Specifications|
- 12 channel internal Global Positioning System (GPS)
- GPS antenna interface: female SMA connector
- Serial interface timing: UTC or Unix Time
- Width: 3.15 in.
- Length: 6.89 in.
- Height: 2.25 in.
- Weight: < 2 lb.
| Frequencies and Channel Bandwidth|
- RX AIS1: 161.975 MHz at 25 kHz Bandwidth
- RX AIS2: 162.025 MHz at 25 kHz Bandwidth
- AIS Data Rate: 9,600 bits/s
- Sensitivity: <20% PER @ -119 dBm w/ SM1610-4 LNA
- Co-channel Rejection: -10 dB
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70 dB
- Blocking: 84 dB
- Intermodulation: 74 dB
- Large Signal PER: 1% or better
- Image Rejection: 70 dB
- Spurious Rejection: 70 dB
- Antenna Interface: female Type N connector w/ LNA power
| Additional Advanced AIS Features|
- Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI)
- Ambient Noise Measurement
- Packet Time of Arrival
- VDL Analysis Reports
- IMO1252 Inspection Tools
- NMEA 0183 V4.1 tag blocks including:
- Line numbering
- Unix time
The serial interface of the SM1610-4 conforms to ITU
R M.1371-4 and NMEA 0183 V4.1 with additional
| Serial Interface Details:|
To request full serial interface specifications, please contact
us or call Shine Micro at (360) 437-2503.
Shine Micro warrants its products to be free from defects for
one full year from the date of purchase. Shine Micro will, at
its sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail
in normal use. Labor and material costs for such repairs or
replacement will be free of charge. This warranty does not
cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accidents, or
unauthorized alterations or repair.